Monday, October 21, 2013

Lazy Lady's BBQ Pizza

Just a friendly reminder.
* This is NOT a food blog.
* If I do post about food, it's got to taste amazing AND be crazy EASY.

This is one of our new favorite meals. 

Ingredients:
pita bread
BBQ sauce (we use Sweet Baby Ray's, but whatever is your favorite)
1 can black beans
1 can corn
1 can diced tomatoes (you could totally use fresh instead)
grated cheese

Directions:
1) Drain excess liquid from all 3 cans.
2) Combine 3 canned ingredients in a bowl and stir. (This is your "toppings".)
3) Spread BBQ sauce on pita bread. 
* My husband has learned that you can have too much of a good thing and overpower it with too much sauce. 
4) Spoon some of topping mixture on your "pizza".
5) Sprinkle with grated cheese.
6) Heat and eat.
* As a general rule, most things just taste better from the oven than from the microwave.  But if I'm only making a personal pizza for my lunch, I'm totally not preheating the oven just for that.  I still thoroughly enjoy the meal heated in the microwave. 

* Also, we have made this on typical "pizza dough."  Tastes great then too.  But the pita bread we get from Costco makes super yummy "pizza crust."

No comments:

Post a Comment