This is my current kick.
I call them Banana Bites. It's my version of a recipe I found on Pinterest. It's awesome on many levels. I snack. And I will admit, that if I have an open bag of chocolate chips in my cupboard, that is what I snack on. I have NO self control when it comes to chocolate. But if I grab one of these, I get 4 or 5 chocolate chips mixed with oatmeal, bananas, and applesauce, instead of 20+ chocolate chips. AND I feel way more full, AND I'm getting some potassium in me. (Been trying real hard to up my potassium intake.) AND Shortcakes likes them and I feel way less guilty giving her one of these than some processed, preserved cookie. (Now if only I could convince the twins how yummy they are.) AND they are E-A-S-Y. When I'm cooking anything I'm all about being lazy.
DO NOT pre-heat the oven first
1 1/2 cups uncooked oatmeal
2 bananas mashed with a fork
1 cup applesauce
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla
Stir the vanilla into the applesauce, then combine all the ingredients.
Let it sit (the oatmeal kinda absorbs some of the moisture) while the oven per-heats to 350.
Spoon rounded tablespoons onto cookie sheet. Makes a little less than 2 dozen, but if you "round" your tablespoons a little less you could probably get the full 2 dozen.
Bake 25-30 min.
Some notes:
* The original recipe I found said it didn't matter if you used "quick" or "rolled" oats. I used "rolled" cause I don't know what it is that makes oats "quick."
* The original recipe also called for 1 tsp cinnamon. I am not a cinnamon fan. The 2nd time I made them I omitted it and liked them much better. You could also try using cinnamon apple sauce and get your cinnamon kick that way.
* The original recipe was also healthier than mine cause is said to use raisins or dried cranberries instead of the chocolate chips. I also tried that thinking I would love the cranberries. But no, there was no love there. I'm in this for the chocolate fix after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment