God changes Caterpillars into Butterflies,
Sand into Pearls,
And Coal into Diamonds,
using TIME and PRESSURE.
This saying also reminded me of something I learned about silver a while back. Wish I did a better job of remembering these thing when I'm in the moment. If life is a test, I don't feel I earned an A+ this past month and a half. B- maybe.
Malachi 3:3
And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the Lord an offering in righteousness.
When asked about the process of refining silver, the silversmith explained:
"I must sit with my eyes steadily fixed on the furnace, for if the time necessary for refining is exceeded in the slightest degree, the silver will be injured."
AND
He knows the process of purifying is complete by seeing his own image reflected in the sliver. We are the Silver. The Lord is our Silversmith. On occasion, life can feel as the fiery flames of the refiners fire. Oh how painful and overwhelming the blaze can feel. It is important for us to endure past what we think we can handle. Our Silversmith knows us better than we know ourselves. He does not throw us in and walk away to check on us later. He "sits with His eyes steadily fixed." He will pull us out at just the right moment.
And that is what I feel I've learned this past week. We want so badly for him to take away our pain and sorrow and worries right away. But the Lords time frame is not our own. It is these fiery trials that make us reflect the image of the Savior in ourselves.

Beautifully said Melanie.
ReplyDelete