The Lord has poured out his blessings on me. I live such a happy comfortable easy life. I see everyone around me with never ending trials heaped upon their shoulders. And here I sit. Living a happily ever after. A roof over my head (a leak free roof attached to a lovely home at that). I am healthy and strong and able to do everything that my heart desires. I have a husband who hugs me, and loves to be with me, and thinks I'm beautiful, and helps me, and puts up with me, and lets me lean on him, and makes me happy to just get to be with him. I get to be a mother, a gift I know that some women do not get to receive in this life. My children are happy and healthy. And I have friends. Friends who genuinely care about me and are there when I just wanna talk.
Like I said, this chapter of my life feels like a happily ever after.
Every night I feel as though I can't thank my Heavenly Father enough. And night after night I ask Him to help me to have and recognize opportunities to bless others because I have been so blessed.
Live has been a little busy lately, something written on almost every day on the calendar. And I'm happy to say that a part of that is because I've had multiple opportunities to bless multiple people. This makes me very happy. I am so happy to be a blessing to someone else. I am happy to be my Heavenly Fathers hands and do for my dear friends and family, what my Savior would do. And to be completely 100% honest, I don't feel as though any of it has been a "sacrifice" or "hard" or like a "burden." I feel as though the Lord truly has helped me to "run and not be weary, and walk and not faint." (D&C 89:20)
However, as I said, there are those around me who truly have trials heaped upon their shoulders. Despite my blessings, there have been many many days as of late, where despite my best efforts, I can not stop my tears. And to finish off my feelings for the week, I want to share this picture. It is true on multiple levels.

I love this! Thanks for sharing. Love you Melanie! Thanks for being an amazing friend!
ReplyDeleteThank you Melanie...for so many things. Thank you for being the kind of friend, mother, and teacher that I want to be. Thank you for loving my boys and seeing all their good & not so much of the "less than good". :) Thank you for cheering us on & helping us feel like our vision of where we want to go is possible. Thank you for being who you are Melanie. We are so grateful to have you in our lives.
ReplyDelete