I'd just like to document some of life's simple everyday joys that are so much a part of my life. I am so grateful for all the little things that bring me such joy.
Fall is definitely upon us. Makes for some chilly mornings, but cozy clothes, and hot chocolate make me very happy. Eventually, "chilly" is going to transition into "really cold" and with it will come the daily chore of starting up the wood burning stove. But building that fire every morning tends to be a little time consuming so I've been putting it off as long as I can. Obviously, some members of the family feel I've been putting it off too long.
The transition back into the school year routine was a little challenging for Shortcake those first couple of days, but she's been doing SO well lately. Been pleasant and happy, and been keeping herself busy.
I found her like this the other day and said, "Oh are you writing a note?" She said, "I writing letter Aunt Lindsey." (Aunt Lindsey is currently serving a mission in Ukraine for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.)
She may keep herself busy, but she still wants in on all the fun stuff. This rare sunny day, we were out collecting rocks for our "gizzards."
Can't forget one of the reasons this is my favorite time of year. Halloween! Got our decor up. Well . . . outside anyway.
This day time shot gives a glimpse of some of the lovely construction work that has been happening on our little street. Been quite the noisy ruckus at times, and has made getting out of our own driveway a challenge on some days. But I think the project is on the home stretch.
One of our favorite annual activities is the Mother/Daughter camp out. This was the first year Shortcake got to come. My original plan was wait until she was 3 but she was just so darn heartbroken when we didn't take her last year, there was no way we could leave her behind this year. She was so excited and talked about it for days before the trip. And really, it wasn't so bad having her along. She didn't run off while I was setting up the tent, and she was careful around the fire. Going to sleep that night was a little crowded with the extra person, but it was doable.
This is the girls favorite thing about the campsite we go to.
I will admit that I was NOT thankful when we discovered it, but I'm trying to take the Pollyanna approach.
* I'm thankful that we own a home. Way better than renting an apartment.
* I'm thankful I have a wonderful husband who is able and willing to work hard and put time effort and love into making our house a home.
* I'm thankful we are healthy and physically able to bend, and lift and carry.
I'm thankful for life in my little corner of the universe. I'm thankful for all the simple things that weave together each day.


No comments:
Post a Comment