We had a Math unit that rocked the boat for us a bit. I've been schooling my girls from home for 4 years now, and we got more "behind schedule" than we have ever been before. (I learned from this and will approach scheduling challenging units a little differently next year.) As we fought to get back on schedule, several things kind of fell by the wayside for me. Such as letter writing, gardening, and blogging. Bummer really. :( But it is what it is.
But I just HAD to make a few minutes. Birthdays are important events and need not be forgotten.
We started a day early and had a friend of ours over for pizza, a movie, and cupcakes. She's our movie buddy. The girls LOVE when she comes over for a movie night. I took a picture of the girls cupcakes but mindless me didn't get a picture of them with our friend. Sigh. Again, it is what it is. BUT, I do have some older pictures from previous movie nights so I thought I'd put those in here. It's better than nothing. (The first one is actually from HER birthday earlier this year.)
Normally I go all out and have fun planning and decorating for the girls birthday parties. This usually includes shnazzy cakes to go with the "theme." ("Shnazzy", as in, takes several hours to decorate.) But the girls had a Frozen Party earlier this spring that I put a lot of planning and decorating into. So we kept birthday celebrations more simple. Compared to some of my cakes in the past, these cupcakes just don't seem that impressive to me. But my girls were thrilled to get new baby ducks for the bath tub.
The next day was their actual birthday. I don't remember where they got the idea from but a while ago they heard about someone getting breakfast in bed, and I remember them thinking that sounded pretty cool. So that's how they started the day. They were tickled. Love these girls so much.
Then that afternoon we invited a friend of theirs to go to Chuck E. Cheese with us. (I remember many of my own birthdays celebrated at Chuck E. Cheese.)
Shortcake wasn't crazy about the giant mouse.
(Have I mentioned lately that I love this guy? I adore him. Just throwing that in there.)
Finished up the afternoon with a trip to Blu Berry for frozen yogurt!
These 2 amazing girls made me a mom. An ever humbling job that I am SO grateful is mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment