I got this book for my girls as a gift for Christmas. We already love it. 52 pages, (family night for a whole year) each page has a character from the bible. It tells their story, what we can learn from them, and gives a fun activity to go with the lesson. The first night we read about Adam and Eve, and how they tried to hide from God when they were ashamed. Talked about how we shouldn't hide from God and those we love when we make mistakes, cause they can help us. Then we played hide and seek. SO MUCH FUN. I got a picture of Shortcake in the best hiding spot of the night.
Shortcake started dance class this month. Finally getting to do all the exciting things she has watched her big sisters do.
She had a birthday too!
Her big sisters made sure she felt special that day.
We Skyped with grandparents.
Her best friend and her family came over for dinner and cake to finish off the day right.
My love and I got some really fun date nights in this month too! Every weekend we watched one of the old Star Wars movies. Then we went and saw the new one in the theatre. I love being this guy's date, and he doesn't complain when I SQUEEZE his hand during the scary parts.
We really enjoyed the new movie and I'm glad we took the time to re-watch all the old ones first.
Plenty of fun things this month. But plenty of simple life as well. Like working our way through 5th grade and Kindergarten. This little girl LOVES worksheets. I buy her workbooks at the dollar store and she whips through the whole book in one sitting. (20+ pages!)
It's been a great month, in many ways. So to celebrate, we went out for a special treat to see Kung Fu Panda 3 .
But lifes little joys just keep on coming. We got a small window of sunshine and the girls managed to get a few minutes out on the trampoline.
When that got too cold, they came in and did one of their favorite things. Made a super comfy bed using every blanket in the house.
My love and I even squeezed in a 2nd date night out this month! Definitely feeling spoiled. We went to see the play "Arsenic and Old Lace." Not as good as Cary Grant, but they still got us laughing. (Kind of a dark picture, but it was as good as we could get.)







No comments:
Post a Comment