Going into this K. Rae thought glasses sounded like a good idea and had her little hopes up. E. Mae on the other hand, didn't have much of an interest.
Soooo who do you think needed glasses?
Yep. Not K. Rae. She was heartbroken and cried the whole rest of our appointment and all through E. Mae's process of picking out glasses. Not exaggerating. Sigh.
Even though she wasn't interested in the beginning, E. Mae has been a real good sport and I think she has even enjoyed the newness and excitement of it all.
But later I was talking to one of my friends, (who also happens to be the optometrist’s wife) she was telling me how their youngest was totally disappointed that she too didn't need glasses when all of her older siblings did. She said she found her a "fashion" pair at Claire's. If the doc's daughter wears them, it mustn’t be bad for their eyes.
So off to Claire's we went. Unfortunately, the only 2 options in the kiddo size were zebra and pink cheetah. Not really our style. So we looked online, found some that weren't great, but better than the animal skin options, but it cost more to ship the things than it did to buy them! I'm too much of a tightwad for that. So we looked at light colored sunglasses at good old Walmart, but they weren't that great and I knew she wanted to wear these all the time and I'm thinking "shaded" lenses no matter how light they are, can't be great on the eyes 12+ hours a day.
Back to Claire's we went. (I must love this kid or something.) There was a pair of adult sized "fashion" glasses that she had really liked and that's what we ended up going with. They are kinda big. Not ideal, but since when is life ideal right. She loves them and loves having glasses like her sis. I have a happy kid and that makes me happy.
Now for pictures!
BEFORE:
AFTER:
(Can't leave shortcake out you know.)
(I got new glasses too, tried to step out of my comfort zone just a bit and I think I like 'em.)
No comments:
Post a Comment