A lot of what fills my days, has very little effect on the grand scheme of the universe. But yesterday was unarguably, significant and important. 2 little souls, who are precious in the sight of God, were given the precious gift of taking the first step towards heaven. Definitely important. If I ever write anything in my life, surely it should be of the events of this day.
A Mama's Memory:
One day when the twins were just babies, I was listening to some church music. As I held them in my arms it hit me, these 2 little souls knew nothing of Joseph Smith and the gospel he restored. They knew nothing of the saving grace and peace that the gospel brings. I began to realize my new responsibility as a parent. The direction of their life was in our hands. We could choose to incorporate the gospel in their lives, or, totally omit it and build their little world without it. As their parent it was my God given responsibility to choose which of life’s stepping stones I would place before them. I never doubted which path we would do our best to send them down, but the fact that I had the power to affect the destiny of a soul so much was very humbling.
There will come a day when I no longer have such influence over which stepping stones my girls choose to step on. I know that gradually, life's choices will become more and more their own. All I can do is do my best to give them the tools and foundation that they will need so badly, and start them off headed in the right direction.
Yesterday was one of life's stepping stones for my girls. I'm overjoyed to say that it could not have possibly gone better. Everything was wonderful and beautiful. It was less than 24 hours ago and already it seems like such a distant memory slipping away from me.
We all put so much planning, work, effort, time, and preparation into those 2 little hours. Coordinating schedules, meal planning, sewing, talk preparation, if the hours could possibly be calculated it would be daunting. But all that time and love made the day just wonderful.
I love my girls. I'm so grateful for the gift of being chosen to be the earthly mother for some of Gods precious spirit children. I'm so grateful for every day that I get to spend with them.
I am so grateful for the parents that my love and I were blessed with. Yesterday was a day full of love and celebration that we were all able to enjoy and share together. I can't tell you how much that means to me. Both of our parents are such a support, and they give their all to their grandkids.
I am filled with happiness, hope, and gratitude. Life's stepping stones that lie ahead of us usually can't been seen, but I'm grateful for the one we're standing on right now.




Looks like it was a perfect day Mel! So sad that we could not be there but I know that you had so much love and support around you and your girls. Having the gospel is such a gift and I agree with you about the responsibilities of teaching our children the best we can to prepare them for this life and the next. You are doing a wonderful job with your girls Mel! Love you!
ReplyDelete