Sunday, July 21, 2013

TREASURES!

My love and I LOVE garage sales (& thrift stores)!  We hit the mother-load on Saturday Holy Cow!  I can't believe the crazy deals we got.  I feel like I was robbing all these people!!!

This first one is by far my favorite.  I've always wanted and wished I had one of these!
Cost brand new: $175  Used:$50  What did I pay? $2 !!!
* no that's not a typo, AND it works!  The bulb is not burnt out or anything!

This was at a different yard sale.  I almost didn't get it but my love really wanted it.  (Note the really cute feet sticking out the bottom. )  :)
Cost brand new: $120  Used:$20  What did we pay? $5 

We have been wanting one of these for a while.  A long time ago we bought a cheep copycat brand, and well, you get what you pay for.  We haven't been very happy about with it.  A piece broke on it and the coating is coming off the grill.  But we just couldn't bring ourselves to to go out and buy a new one.  
Well the one we found was BRAND NEW.  Still in the box, still in the wrapping!
Cost brand new: $100  Used:$50  What did we pay? $20 

All the closets in our house have these kind of shelves in them.  And whose closet couldn't use more shelves?  And this isn't all of them.  There were 3 pieces that are taller than my love and I didn't want to hall them upstairs.
Cost brand new: $100  Used: ?  What did we pay? $0 !!!
They were just giving them away!

We tried to make angel food cake on the 4th of July, but I didn't have one of these.  We used some muffin tins and a pie pan.  It was less than glorious be we made do.  But next time . . .
Cost brand new: $20  Used:$8  What did I pay? $3 !!!

Hugh dress up paperdoll sticker book, and a new cutesie pattern book.
Cost brand new: $5 & $30  Used: -  What did I pay? $1 & $1 !!!

This a Leap Frog toy and I love it.  It's an ingenous little thing.  Little dot-to-dot lights shine behind the screen.  Shortcake traces the dots and WALA: My 2 year old is getting amazing practice writing her letters.  She loves it.  (I love it too.)
Cost brand new: $25  Used:$5  What did I pay? $1 !!!

E.Mae found a treasure of her own.  She's always wanted a witch costume.
Cost brand new: $25  Used:$4  What did I pay? $1 !!!

K. Rae wanted to show off her treasure of the day too.
 Cost brand new: $20(It's a Webkins)  Used:$2  What did she pay? $.50 !!!

All in all we felt like we made out like bandits!  

No comments:

Post a Comment