The places God puts us today,are the stepping stones that prepare us for the places He'll put us tomorrow.
Wednesday, July 24, 2013
A Mini Miracle? . . . . Yes I Believe So
So my love is on furloughs. (Forced unpaid days off - which translates to work days subtracted from our usual paychecks.) Really and truly we are fine. So blessed and much better off than some others facing the same thing. We have a savings to fall back on for times exactly like this. BUT, it's best to live within your means. And our "means" is temporarily decreased. So I have been trying SO so so so hard to stick to a budget and spend $250 less this month. Monthly meal planning has been a big help in this but potlucks have been a little tricky. Some of my "dinner plans" didn't translate into ideal potluck dishes and I've had to be creative in order to avoid another trip to the store. But so far, so good, and I've been pretty proud of myself.
I was ready to head to the store this evening though. A good friend of mine is having a baby shower tomorrow night. I always give a hooded bath towel as a baby gift. (I call them "Tub Cubs") Which really isn't that expensive of a gift, but I also always make it a point to make hooded bath towels for other young siblings who might be feeling just a little jealous of the new bundle of joy.
So like I said, ready to go to the store. But last fall, I taught a class on how to make these towels and had bought several extra so that there would be color choices. So I went downstairs to see how many towels I had, and how many I would have to go buy. I had enough to make 3. Just what I needed. I was feeling pretty happy about this until I remembered I have a niece and nephew I've been meaning to make one for. But they live so far away, I hardly ever see them and hadn't gotten around to it yet. We are going to see them this weekend. Now would be the ideal time to make those. Then I could give them to them in person. So bummer, still gonna have to go to the store, but hey, I still didn't have to buy the first 3, and that's great.
Then I remembered I thought I had stocked up on white hand towels and went down stairs again to find those. In searching for those I found other towels. Enough towels to make 2 more!!! Really. I know where the first 3 came from, but these second 2, I honestly am having a hard time remembering why it is that I had these lying around.
So seriously. I didn't have to go to the store and spend 1 single penny. I was able to make exactly what I needed. How great is that?
I pondered all this as I sewed late into the night. Wondering. Thinking.
Was it a coincidence?
Was it a deliberate blessing?
At first I was torn. But what finally sealed the deal for me was the fact that not only did I have exactly enough towels for what I needed, but I had the exact boy:girl ratio for what a needed. Surely THAT is not just a coincidence.
I am in humble awe of my Heavenly Fathers love for me.
Why? Why would He do this? This unimportant non-universe altering thing. There are so many others with needs far greater and far more important. They are the ones who NEED the miracles. Why am I showered with blessings?
As I paused my cutting and pinning to ponder this, tears streamed down my face. Then the music I was listening to began to play an instrumental version of "My Heavenly Father Loves Me."
So, why? Well, as best as I can figure, because my Heavenly Father loves me. I thought about earthly fathers who love their daughters. (Mine included.) So quick to lend a hand in any tiny way possible. Surely my Heavenly Father loves me as much as an earthly father.
I still feel awe and wonder and am still struggling to fully understand "why". But I am grateful and I pray the Lord will provide me opportunities to bless others as I have been so abundantly blessed.
BONUS PHOTO:
Since today is Pioneer Day and all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment