I remember many a Christmas, getting exactly what I had wanted SO BADLY. But I also remember SEVERAL different Christmas mornings where my mom received an electric skillet. Because the cheep electric skillet she received the year before,(and the year before that) had gotten so much use the screws no longer held the legs on and the non stick coating was wearing off. I remember feeling badly that she didn't get anything fun or exciting. But she would always say that it was really okay, because Christmas was about the kids. I didn't get it. I didn't believe her. I felt my wonderful mom also deserved wonderful presents.
But I get it now. I am SO excited for Christmas. Why? Not because what's under the tree for me, but because what's under the tree for my kids. I know my kids are going to LOVE and really really enjoy the things I've spent a lot of time and thought, choosing for them. I'm so excited for that.
My kids are my world. And all that matters. And I know that's how my mom felt, and still does feel. I'm grateful that I get to be a mom.
BONUS PHOTO:
Feeling all "Suzy Homemaker" tonight. I wanted to give my girls something that wasn't a toy, but would still bring a smile to their face. This year K. Rae asked Santa for a Sleeping Beauty dress, E. Mae asked for a Toothless the dragon doll, and Shortcake asked for a "big panda." So I tried to make pillowcases that would match their "dreams" Christmas Eve. I think they will like them!
No comments:
Post a Comment