Sunday, June 15, 2014

An Aching Thought

I have not "Blogged" in a while.  Sure I've posted.  Posted memories I don't want to forget mostly.  But not blogged thoughts.  Perhaps I've been too busy to "think" . . . . . hmm, that's a "thought" in and of itself.  Clearly I'm feeling thoughtful now.  :)

Anyway, I think most can relate to, at some time or another, feeling sad.  Specificly feeling sad because of sad things that are happening in this world.  This world.  This world our home.  I know people, (and I'm often one of them) that don't watch the news because it is just too depressing.  (One could have a lengthy debate on the merit of this practice, but not today.)

So I was feeling sad.  Trying to sort my thoughts and find peace.  A quote came to mind, and camped out for a while. 

I found the quote, but wanted to authenticate it.  A challenge, that come to find out I am not alone in.  I found a blog of a lady who attended a "Time Out For Women" event where John Bytheway was speaking.  She said that in one of his talks, he shared that he too, was in search of authenticating this exact same quote.  This quote is from Jeffrey R. Holland.  He said that when his search was fruitless (as was mine) he went straight to the horses mouth.  Well, to the horse's secretary rather.  But much to his surprise Elder Holland did eventually get back with John and confirmed the quote!  - Anyway, I just thought that was an interesting side story.

So now curiosity is peeked, what's the quote right?


I think the reason I kept thinking back on this quote was because of the part about "the final outcome between good and evil". 

Oh how I want to cry when I think of the "battle" that is raging.  The "war zone" that we are literally living in.  The casualties.  And not just the casualties of life (though there are plenty of those) but the casualties of hearts.  Hopes, dreams, loves, peace, and souls.  All trodden by the rage of a war, a war between good and evil.  But yet the sun rises and the sun sets.  "War" or no, we all are expected to function and "carry on" with daily life.  But there is so much I wish I could just "fix," "make better," "heal."  

Usually, the simplicity of everyday mundane life, and it's simple "adventures", brings me great joy.  Enough joy to overshadow sorrows.  But for one reason or another, my heart just aches a little.

There is a popular saying that I'm trying to remember:


No comments:

Post a Comment