Thursday, November 13, 2014

Halloween '14


I decided that I would love to have a whole inflatable pumpkin patch!  But inflatable pumpkins aren't cheap.  So I realize this is something I will have to build up gradually.  But some kind wonderful friend of mine, helped give my humble patch a little boost, and left this on my porch!  Such a great fun surprise.  THANK YOU whoever you are.

I love the challenge of creating awesome  Halloween costumes.  I totally feel like I cheated this year though.  Bought mine brand new and complete.  A first for me! But I shouldn't feel too guilty.  My love's costume was no small project.  Spent well over an hour cutting 3 queen size bedsheets into strips.  Then I spent an hour wrapping him during our practice run.  An hour unwrapping him afterwords.  Then another hour wrapping him up the actual night of our party.  (NOT exaggerating on the time folks.)  Fortunately/unfortunately, I didn't spend hardly any time at all unwrapping him after the party.  The entire bottom half of his costume fell off throughout the course of the party.  :(  Kind of a bummer.  So I wouldn't consider this our best year.  Thinking maybe we should pull out one of our old classics next year. 

 Our spread from our Halloween party we throw every year. 

Our Halloween celebrations this year were extra fun.  My folks and my sisters came to see our primary program.  Which was great timing cause we got to do all sorts of fun Halloween stuff with them. 


All ready to go to Trick or Treat Street at the local school!

This year we had Ruffnut,



Perry the Platypus,
 And Belle.

During our visit we also go to take everyone on the ferry.

 

And carve pumpkins!  So much messy fun.


Shortcake was SO determined to do EVERY-SINGLE-DOT herself.  She refused multiple offers of help.  She worked for over an hour!



EVERYONE got in on the fun.  Even my love and Aunt Lou.  (Yes, they are using a power tool.)

Getting serious now.

Finished products:


Their last night here we played glow-in-the-dark ring toss.

So many fun memories!  So grateful that my family was willing to drive 15 hours to see me!

No comments:

Post a Comment