Tuesday, August 13, 2013

до свидания Aunt Lindsey

I love a good full house, and we sure had that.  ALL of my love's family was able to be there to see his sister off.  We see grandmas and grandpas 2 or 3 times a year, but uncles, aunts and cousins are far more rare.  So it was great to get to spend time with everybody.  Lots of pictures, lots of memories.

We arrived Saturday afternoon.  By the time everyone's beds were set up and all 7 kids were finally asleep, it was defiantly late.  But the men were singing in church the next day and, the show must go on.  So this is a shot of them getting a late night practice in.  Which makes their singing abilities all that much more impressive cause they were all half asleep. 

One of the twins favorite things at Grandma's house is the box of dress up clothes.
  
You can't have the family all together like this and miss an opportunity to get pictures.  The kids were amazing that day.  Cooperated so well and we got some great pictures.   Here is a shot of the girl cousins all cleaned up, hair done, ready and waiting.  

We took a TON of pictures.  I've only included a few of my favorites.  
Like I said, the kids did so good.  No tears, meltdowns, or belligerence.  It was great.

Group shot.  Won't be getting one like this for at least another 18 months.

My nephews.  I just LOVE this picture of them.  It turned out so stinking cute.  

Shortcake.  The photographer got a kick out of her.  

I thought this one turned out super pretty too.

And of course, the reason for all the hub-bub in the first place.  I thought this one turned out supper cute.  If anyone is interested, HERE is her website following her mission to Ukrane. 
  
The twins LOVED "Going on a tiger hunt." with their Uncle.  Makes me smile.

 So in order for Miss Future Missionary to catch her plane, we all had to leave the house at 3:00.  In the morning.  Call us crazy if you want, but I know it is a memory my girls will probably not forget, so I'd totally do it again.  BUT, I won't lie.  I think it's safe to say that our wee morning adventure took it's tole on everybody.  



But everyone eventually bounced back and went back to enjoying cousin time.  (Stinking cute.)

One of the really fun things we got to do, is have our own private movie night out at the Dam Visitor's Center.  So fun.  In preparation for the evening, the grandkids helped Grandpa make Paper Bag Caramel Corn.  

Our little family had a few extra days and was able to stay longer than the rest of the crew.  So the girls had some time to do a project with Grandma.   They made signs with their name on them to hang above their beds.  Turned out cute.
(Sorry, I won't be posting those finished projects because this is a public blog and I try my hardest to avoid putting lots of names an other specific info on here.)


Here is MY project.  And I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.  So love it!  I've been wanting something like this.  They can be kind of expensive to go out and buy.  But mine is way cooler than anything I could have bought.  It just makes me smile.  An awesome reminder of my big event, that over one month later, still brings a HUGE smile to my face.  Thank you for the birthday present Mom & Dad Staley.

No comments:

Post a Comment