Ready for another food post on this "not food blog"?
My love came home from his mission to Kentucky with a recipe for "Wendy's Chili." I'm not convinced it's a very accurate duplicate. When he would make this chili, we (and whatever poor souls we had invited to dinner), would go through a gallon of milk trying to "cool" our flaming tongues.
A friend of mine made chili for an activity at the church and I liked it so well I asked her for her recipe. (In hopes of replacing "Wendy's Chili.") But this friend uses her own homemade concoction for "taco seasoning." I use a store bought packet. She also used pork sausage. I use turkey sausage. So mine just didn't taste as great as hers. But it had such potential. So I've remade it several times over the past few months and changed the recipe each time.
But I've reached a point where I will not be making further alterations. Why? MY TWINS LIKE IT!!!!! What? My twins? Like chili? Unheard of. They don't like beans. But as per the rule in our house, they had to taste it. Not only did they like it, but they finished it and asked for more. AND, they stilled liked it the next day as leftovers!
So here it is. "Wendy's Chili" has silently been retired as our go-to chili recipe and we will be making this chili from now on.
I've decided to call it Noah's Ark Chili.
(Cause all the ingredients come by twos.)
2 lbs of turkey sausage browned
2 kinds of beans, 2 cans each (we use black beans and pinto beans)
2 cans of diced tomatoes
2 packets of seasoning (1 Ranch, 1 Taco)
2 oz of water (1/4 cup)
Combine all ingredients in crock pot and cook until heated through.
SUPER EASY to boot!

No comments:
Post a Comment