Friday, February 27, 2015

добро пожаловать домой Aunt Lindsey

Now that it's over, a year and a half didn't feel like a very long time.  It felt like it went by really quickly.  But "short" or "long" it's come to an end nonetheless.

The girls were very excited to see Aunt Lindsey again and make a special trip to Grandma's in February.  And who wouldn't be?  Grandma and Grandpa always work so hard to make these little girls feel special.

Special breakfast.

Decorating sugar cookies.

But as much fun as Grandma's house is, soon it was time for the main reason for our visit.


My love's parents took us all out to dinner.  It was yummy and a lot of fun for the kids.  (Seriously, they had the most talented balloonist I have ever seen.)

The rest of our week was filled with fun things like Ukrainian story time,

and checking out fun souvenirs,
 


and more making the girls feel special.
Personalized giant sugar cookies,

Breakfast and a movie in bed.  And not just their own bed, but GRANDMA'S bed.

On our last day we went to church and heard Aunt Lindsey speak about her mission.  (She did a really good job.)  And we stayed to watch her presentation in primary.  She showed all the primary children things she brought back from Urkaine.  Including pictures the Ukrainian primary children had drawn.  (I didn't get the best picture of all this, but it's better than nothing.)

As always a week full of memories.  And also as always, it ended in a lot of tears from some sweet little girls.  I feel bad putting them through good-byes.  But at the same time I am thankful for it. The distance could be so much more.  I'm very thankful that we live as close to family as we do.   

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of having returned missionaries share in primary. And the letters from the primary children in the Ukraine make it even more special.

    The picture of the girls in the Ukrainian hats is adorable and should be framed on the wall in your house. SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete