Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Seattle Wardrobe Field Trip

I SO enjoyed this day.  It was just such a pleasant memory.

We've always schooled at home, but we switched programs this year.  I've really enjoyed the switch for several reasons.  One of the things we have enjoyed with this new program is the field trips.  On this particular day, our field trip was to see "The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe" performed by Seattle Children's theatre.  Which means a ferry ride and commute over to Seattle.  Which raises my stress level about 3 notches.  So in an effort to alleviate some of my stress and worries, I made sure we left extra early.  I did such a good job of making sure we were on time for the ferry we needed, that we were in time for the ferry BEFORE the one we were planning on catching!  We were already going to arrive an hour early.  Once we caught the early ferry, we now all of a sudden were going to have 2+ hours to twiddle our thumbs waiting for the play to start.  But it ended ups being so great!

I showed the girls around Seattle Center a bit.

Then we went inside the Armory to see if we could find a warm place to eat our lunch.
It was more than just warm.  It was full of interesting stuff to see and do with all our unexpected free time.  There was a gigantic train set display.  A band playing Christmas music.  An extra large checker board.



It was all so fun.  And I didn't plan any of it!
Then of course we finally got to see the play.  We read the book last year, so we really enjoyed the chance to see it acted out live.  It was pretty good.  I thought it was well done.

I think one of the highlights of the day for the girls was after the play however.  When we arrived at Seattle Center, we passed by a little cart that sold Chocolate covered strawberries.  It was closed when we got there that morning.  But by the time the play let out it was open.  So these spoiled little stinkers got a Seattle treat.

But I still don't think that was their favorite part.  We were all sharing the strawberries we bought.  After we each had one, there were 2 left over.  We could have tried to split them between the 4 of us, but it sounded like a really messy endeavor.  So instead, we decided to offer our last 2 strawberries to a homeless gentlemen taking a very cold  nap nearby.  The girls were so happy that THEY got do something nice for the man.

All in all, the day was a warm and fuzzy pleasant memory.  

No comments:

Post a Comment