Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Tuckered Out

When we moved into this house the twins were 5 years old and it was definitely time to graduate them from toddler beds.  They wanted bunk beds but how do you decide which twin gets the top bunk???  In my opinion you don't.  So yes, we spoiled our children and bought 2 bunk beds so each one could sleep on a top bunk.  The only trouble was they did not yet have the gross motor skills to climb up to the top bunk by themselves.  So for 2 years, bunk bed or not, they slept on the bottom bunk.  Then for their 7th birthday we moved them up to the top bunk.

I foolishly assumed it would likewise be at least another year or two before Shortcake would be able to make it up onto the girls beds.  The trouble with that assumption is that I think Shortcake is two years old.  She thinks she is seven.

Her new favorite thing to do is climb up E. Mae's ladder, crawl across  her bed, straddle the rail and cross over to K. Rae's bed, then climb down K. Rae's ladder.  Just like it's her own personal indoor playground.  Blah!  I will admit I am an overprotective worry wort.  My heart rate increases every time I watch her do it!

Life was definitely a lot more boring before Shortcake came into our lives.   

Whether she admits it or not, there is still a little bit of two year old in her.  She still needs an afternoon nap every once in a while. 


Bonus Photo: Food Art
Shortcake told me her graham cracker was a "piggy."  It actually did kind of look like a piggy.
Just as cute as her edible creation is the outfit she created.


No comments:

Post a Comment