Tuesday, May 21, 2013

"List"

When we first set out on the task of house hunting 3 years ago, we had a "list."   Our 2 main requirements were 3 bedrooms and a "school room".  My love was also really hoping for a garage and we really wanted a fenced yard for the kids.  After a little emotional roller coaster ride we did eventually find one with our minimum requirements.  It needed a little TLC . . . . Ok, a lot of TLC.  Once it was officially ours and we were up to our elbows in paint, contractors, weed-wackers, smelly carpet and had our own personal dumpster out in front, I was seriously reconsidering the entire concept of home-ownership to say the least.
But as we aproach our 3rd anniversary of owning a home I can clearly see how the Lord had His own "list" when it came to finding a home for us.  Our wood burning stove for example. 2 days with no power in a snow storm.   I don't know what we would have done without it. 
But the thing that came with this house that I think I am most grateful for is my garden.  Garden was not on our "list".  But I like to think that is was on God's "list."  He knew me better than I know myself and knew how much I would SO enjoy having a garden.  :)  I also like to think that He saved the biggest garden around for His daughter who tends to go a little overboard when she finds something she enjoys.  :)  (It's over 70 feet you know.) 
Now as we take our Sunday afternoon walks through the neighborhood we often comment on all the houses as we walk by.  Sometimes commenting on their pretty paint color or admiring their landscaping, but usually . . . . . I point out how I wouldn't want to buy that house cause there would be no place for my garden.  :)



BONUS PHOTO: The twins ran their first race.  50 yard kids dash.  TOTALLY their idea and at their request.  (It is very important to me not to push my hobbies on them.)  At first I was a little worried they would get upset if they didn't win and all that, but they did great and crossed the finished line with smiles.  It was fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment