Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Profound White Thought

Been getting ready for the twins big day.

Took their picture in their new white dresses for their announcements.  Took pictures in the backyard, just after it had finished raining . . . what was I thinking???  (I'm running out of time that's what I was thinking.  If I wait for "good weather" around here they won't have pictures till the 4th of July.) 

I was very happy with how the pictures turned out, but every other sentence out of my mouth was: "be careful", "hold your dress up", "don't move you'll get dirty". 

Then tonight I bought 2 little white photo albums for a thing we're doing at their baptism.  As I was loading my shopping bags into the car, the albums were about to fall out of one of the bags. Here is how my thought process went:

"AH! I don't want them to get dirty."  . . .
"All this white business is a lot of work."  . . .
"That's the point."

Staying white, pure and spotless in our lives is a lot of work.  We must ever be vigilant.  We tread through a world far "dirtier" than a wet backyard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment