Friday, May 24, 2013

P.F.A

I want to remember this:



It's been kind of an expensive week.  Bought a van a month ago and affectionately named it "Snowshoe".  (After the snowshoe hare that changes color, cause the van is white but I know it will change color and get brown and dirty.)  But as cute as that is, I'm seriously considering changing it's name to "The White Lemon."  Just got it back from the mechanic AGAIN.  It runs worse than before!!!  We have a few choice words to say to them but it's after 5:00 and Memorial Day weekend.  There's nothing we can do about it for 3 days. 

AND our dryer broke 4 days ago.  Been trying to get by and make do while we figure out what to do.  I hung dried some underwear, and one of my friends washed a load of Shortcakes clothes for me.  My love took the thing apart and after testing it with some new gijet he bought, he thinks he knows what part needs to be replaced.  But the dryer itself is 15 years old.  Which means the motor and element and all the other things that could go broken on a dryer are also 15 years old.  So after deliberating we decided to just buy a new one instead of waiting a week for an exensive part that will "hopefully" fix the problem. 

It was on the way to buy said new dryer when we realized that our van is running TERRIBLY!  The the lady at Home Depot said the soonest they could get us the dryer is a week from today! We could have had a floor model tonight but that means we have to haul it ourselves in a van that currently drives like it's got turrets, AND we'd have the extra expense of getting rid of the broken one.  Add a little sales tax and our ever mounting van repairs . . . we decided to go back to the drawing board and are in the process of finding a part for that dryer. 

Over the course of the evening our sweet sensitive children could easily sense our distress about the events of the evening.  In response, my sweet K. Rae drew this on the dry erase board in our school room.  (I'll translate.)

In the upper left hand corner she wrote: D.C.S and crossed them out.  D is for dryer, C is for car and S is for stress.  Right next to that she wrote "important" with an arrow pointing down at P.F.A.  P is for prayer, F is for faith, and A is for answer. 

This evoked two things in me.  1) I feel bad that my young children are feeling the distress of their parents.  I just hope that we are being a good example of how to deal with a stressful situation.  2) I'm awfully glad that the principles we are trying to teach them, are getting through.   

2 comments:

  1. I love them! I'm so sorry that all this stuff has piled up on you guys! It's horrible. I wish I could help fix it, but it sounds like Kadie has already figured it out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Mel...what a wise little girl you have. It is amazing the things that our children teach us. It sounds like you have done a wonderful job of teaching them as well. I know for me when ever things start to over whelm me I step back and take a look at the big picture and all my blessings and the things that seemed such big problems don't seem so big any more. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete