Saturday, January 11, 2014

Somebody had a birthday!

I feel like I just had a baby . . . wait, 3 years ago isn't "just had a baby." 
You can argue a toddler is just like a baby.  But 3 years old, that's pre-school, that's "kid," not "baby." 
So big, so grown up.  I've got 3 "kids."  Not "2 kids and a toddler."  Anyway, enough of me trying to cope with "my baby growing up."  Time for pictures.  Not too many, but I did get a few.

This darn cake.  I thought I could get away with just spreading the icing on instead of the usual star tip method I use on my kids birthday cakes.  Puh!  Spreading took forever!  It was a pink cake.  So I kept getting little pink crumbs in my white icing.  Seriously, star tipping it would have been faster.  Bother.  But I got 'er done.  Not my BEST cake job ever, but defiantly sufficient.  I mean, this thing is going to just be digested after all. 

My birthday girl!

The twins really felt that in order for it to be a birthday "party,"  there needed to be games.  So here we have our homemade "Pin the nose on the Hello Kitty."

 
Love this girl.  She's made sure I "earn" my title of Mom these past 3 years, by making sure my patience muscles were well toned.  But this little person gives the best hugs and I'm so grateful I get to be her mom.  



No comments:

Post a Comment