Monday, January 27, 2014

Everyday Memories

It's been over a week since my last post.  I'm due.  Surely there has been a moment, or three, that I want to remember. 

My little shortcake has had to learn how to entertain herself while the twins and I do "boring" things like fractions, alphabetize, or learn about the Incan empire.  I think she's finally accepted it as a way of life and she's gotten to be such a good sport about it.  My "baby" is so grown up.

I don't know how a house so full of princess, ponies, unicorns, fairies, and the color pink, got to be so into vikings and dragons.  But they love it.  Here is a prime example.  The typical childhood game of freeze tag turned dragon.  They are playing "Speedstinger."  Whoever is "it," is a Speedstinger dragon and must "sting" the "vikings" with their tail.  Which in turn leaves the "vikings" "paralyzed."  (Just so warm and fuzzy.)  If nothing else, I was impressed with their creativity. 

I feel beyond lucky and blessed, to get to raise children with this man.  As a mother I do things like fun science or art projects, take them on outings, plan "parties" for no "real" reason, and I love a good board game.  But playing "barbie" or any other variation of "dolls" is a skill that for some reason kind of alludes me.  I have a hard time getting into it and so I rarely try.  But the other night Shortcake asked her daddy to come play princesses with her.  I tried to explain to her that boys don't really like princesses very much but that daddy would probably play a board game with her.  But I was TOTALLY underestimating him.   He got down on the floor and played "princesses" with his little girls.  Actually, he played the role of the little plastic puppy, but that still totally counts.  He had lots of other things he could have done with his time, but he chose to put for the effort to get down on their level and give them his attention.  In a way that I myself never do.  I love him so much.  He is so wonderful in so many ways.  How he loves his kids is just the tip of the iceberg. 

No comments:

Post a Comment