Thursday, January 9, 2014

Winter Break


Usually our winter and spring breaks are spent just trying to catch up where we have fallen behind.  But the girls worked hard and we were able to still have a few school-free days in January.  But we had no trouble filling them up with other things.

New Years Day I spent the day taking down Christmas lights.  I got a lot of new lights from garage sales last summer and I desperately needed to reorganize.  I was pretty proud of how condensed I got it.   

After working hard all day, we treated ourselves to a family movie night.  It was such a nice little treat.  :)  (Though tricky to document without an additional photographer.)


The next couple of days were set aside for potty training.  Shortcake was 80% trained last summer, but she decided to un-train herself and we were back at square one.  Or so I thought.  We geared up to execute Potty Boot Camp round TWO.  (Round 1 was last Aug.)  3 straight days spent in the kitchen where there is not carpet or upholstery.  Nothing harsh about it.  She gets to do plenty of fun things during her quarantine.  Like paint.  She LOVES to paint.
But she didn't have a single accident the first day!  Day 2 she had an accident on one of my couch pillows and got quarantined back in the kitchen for another couple of hours.  Hasn't had an accident since!  But that's just how she's always been.  I remember trying so hard to get her to go to sleep on her own as a baby.  Or when we took her off the binky.  I get to the point where I don't know what else to do so I give up, and then she just does it.  Stinker.
We finished up our Winter Break with a trip to the movie theatre on base to see FROZEN with a bunch of friends.  I should have snapped a quick picture but didn't think of that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment