Thursday, January 16, 2014

What I Can Do

For Relief Society tonight they had a talent night.  Normally my go-to talent is signing.  But I knew everyone had seen that.  As I puzzled over what on earth to do, I almost didn't do anything at all.  The only ideas I could brainstorm at first were things I can't do.  But I do enjoy writing, so finally I decided on that.  I decided to write about what I CAN do.  I wanted to write something I can do for each letter of the alphabet.  I didn't start out intending on writing a poem, it just short of ended up that way.  It's "poetic form" is a little rough in some spots, but this was a last minute idea so I didn't have time to perfect it.  Overall I was happy with how it turned out.
***You don't "read" the letters, they are just there to tell you what letter I was aiming for. 


A: I love to ACT, though I just can't carry a tune,
But oh the things I can ACCOMPLISH in one afternoon.

B: I can BALANCE and BEND but I don't want to BORE,

C: I'm good for a CHAT, but I love to CELEBRATE more.

D: In High school I used to be good at DEBATE,
but instead now my joy is to DECORATE.


E: I can EAT . . . . .

F: Heck, who'm I kidding, I can FEAST.


G: I GARDEN a lot, H: I HELP where I can.

I: Some say I INSPIRE, J: Cause I JOG quite the span.

K: I can KNEEL down to pray,

L: And show LOVE each new day.

M: I also MAKE costumes that are awesome and wild.

N: And I NEGOTIATE quite well with my youngest sweet child.

O: I'll admit that I like to OUTLAST, OUTRUN and OUTDO
But more often I tend to feel OVERWHELMED just like you.

P: My aim is to PLEASE Q: And I even QUILT once in a while

R: But to RACE and to RUN is what widens my smile.

S: I'm able to SIGN, T: To TALK, and throw in a rhyme

U: And UPROOTING weeds is a favorite of mine.

V: I'm able to VERBALIZE whats deep in my thoughts.

W: And WRITING is something I like to do lots.

X: What can I possibly do that begins with an X?
I can XEROX a picture of tyrannosaurs rex.

Y: A YAWN can rise right out of my throat,

Z: And I've even learned how to ZIP up my coat.

I've been truly blessed and my abilities abound,
But I had to take time, to just look around.

No comments:

Post a Comment