Over the past couple of weeks life has worked it's way back up to full speed. I'm grateful for my health and that I am able to resume enjoying things that bring me joy.
5 weeks post-op:
Ice Skating
A local ice rink had a free event. First you got to watch the kids on
their ice team perform their competition routines. Then everyone in the
audience got to the opportunity to give ice skating a try! No charge!
It was great. Even though we had no idea what were were doing, we all enjoyed it and had such a nice time. My awesome friend
came with us and answered our many questions about ice skating. (She was also our super kind photographer/purse holder/coat holder.)
My girls decorated my hot chocolate mug for me. I LOVE IT. They drew pictures of all our fun camping memories. I'll keep it forever! (I took 2 pictures so you could see all sides of their artwork.)

Storytime! We brought our big tent this year. So there was plenty of room for our friends to join us for bedtime stories. So fun.
6 weeks post-op:
Mother Daughter Camp Out
When the time for the camp out arrived, i was SO grateful for God's timing. I was grateful that my unscheduled surgery had happened at such a time that I would be healed up enough to take my girls to the annual mother/daughter camp out. It is seriously one of the highlights of the year for my girls and I. They were SO EXCITED to go. And I dare say it was our funnest year yet. In years past we've been the lone tenters. All the other mothers and daughters slept in the cabins and we "roughed" it and pitched a tent. But THIS year, 2 other families from our ward pitched their tents right next to us! It was great. It was so much extra fun to have friends around. (I should have gotten pictures of them.)
My girls decorated my hot chocolate mug for me. I LOVE IT. They drew pictures of all our fun camping memories. I'll keep it forever! (I took 2 pictures so you could see all sides of their artwork.)
Storytime! We brought our big tent this year. So there was plenty of room for our friends to join us for bedtime stories. So fun.
Yep, we're in a paddle boat. I was a little nervous about this activity, but I took it nice and slow and had no pain afterwords.
We had so many road trips this year that we never got around to taking a family camp out. We all felt bad that Daddy missed out on the camping fun. So we used our new fire pit for the first time and enjoyed s'mores right from the convenience of our own back yard.
7weeks post-op:
Jogged!
8 MILES
I've been walking since my 2 week mark. But I have still had persistent small pains throughout the day and the thought of jostling my insides with a run just hasn't sounded like a good idea. But I've been feeling pains much less often lately. So yesterday I jogged. :) It was still pitifully slow, but it felt SO GOOD to be in the running motion again. And my "runner's high" lasted all day. Been in such a good mood.
No comments:
Post a Comment