The girls went on what I think was their most awesome field trip yet. We went to IMAGINE Children's Museum in Everett. It was quite a bit of a jaunt for us. Takes almost 2 hours to get there. Part of that commute time is a ferry ride. Which is all sorts of entertaining for the kid but MAN! I hate the stress that comes along with it! We were the 2nd to last car on the ferry! Barely made it. Blah! Stresses me out!
Because our visit was part of a field trip through the girls Virtual Acadamy, we started out with a class on barn owls. Part of this class included dissecting owl pellets. I was totally impressed with the girls. They dove right in. When I was their age, you wouldn't have gotten me to touch that with a ten foot pole!
After the class, families were free to spend the rest of the day exploring the museum. I tell you what, this place was so amazing, my kids could have happily played here ALL day.
This first room actually ended up being their favorite. They loved being a doctor for animals.
Flying an airplane.
Water area.
My love and I decided that someday, our dream home will have one of these! There was even a kid friendly sound and light booth to play with. You could push buttons to make sound effects to go along with what the "actors" were doing on stage.
It was kind of like giant hands on legos. There were how-to instruction sheets for building all sorts of different things.
Finding dinosaur bones.
Indoor "camping."
What kid doesn't love to play restaurant?
Unfortunately I didn't really get a picture of it, so I found a picture on the internet. But on the roof of this place, there was the largest playground structure I have ever seen.
There was just SO MUCH TO DO at this place. As much as I hate ferries, it was worth it. I think we'll definitely make this something we do at least once a year. In fact, I want all my siblings and their kids to come visit so all the cousins can hang out and play in this amazing place.
THINGS TO NOTE:
PRICE - around $10 a person. (We got in for $6 cause we were part of a field trip.) I think $10 is a totally reasonable price for the facilities. But not gonna lie, big family - it can add up quick. But if you get a crowd together and reserve a "party" you can get 25 people in for $100. Which is only $4 a person! Plus you get a private room for your "party" to have lunch. (That's a WEEKDAY party price - weekEND party price is double that.) Like I said, I'm thinking family reunion.
PARKING - $8 to park in their parking lot. After paying $25 to park when we went to the Pacific Science Center, $8 seemed like a steal to us. Trouble is, our group didn't get there 'till around mid-day. By then the lot was full. Our only other option was street parking. Which at first seemed full too. But if you're interested, here is what I recomend:
About 1 block away is the post office. Lots of free street parking there. Directly in front of the post office it's 90 min parking. But if you turn the corner just past the post office, there is 2 hour parking. So every two hours, one of us would go move the car. Not too bad really. Got to stretch our legs and get a little fresh air.

No comments:
Post a Comment