Monday, January 12, 2015

A New Year

Life is good.

We kicked of the new year with some friends.  Played games.  Good food.  It was fun.




This is how the Staley girls spent New Years Day: A stuffed animal parade!


The Christmas season is officially over.  Our house just looks so dark and un-cheery at night now.  Was kind of feeling a little Christmas light withdrawal.  :)

I've enjoyed watching the Superbowl for years.  I've learned enough to understand what's happening in the game and I enjoy rooting for the underdog.  Enjoy seeing what commercials they have come up with, and who doesn't enjoy an excuse for yummy snacks.  But that's where it ended.  1 football game a year.

But since we moved to Washington, . . . I've some how caught the Seahawks fever.  Last year I watched 2 games!  (I watched the one just before the Superbowl to find out if the Seahawks were gonna make it.)  And this year, I've been following the playoffs and will end up watching 3 games before the season is out.

So anyway, as I was putting away all my Christmas lights, my wheels started turning again.  I got an idea for what to do with some blue net lights I had.  It was a bit of a project.  My awesome, sweet, amazing, smart man, who isn't into Christmas lights or football, helped me make it happen.  My talents usually stop at boxing tape and safety pins.  But he helped me brainstorm it out and and used wood, a saw, and a staple gun.  Totally happy with our finished product.  Added bonus: Christmas light withdrawal alleviated.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment