When I was a little girl, my mom made AMAZING birthday cakes. I do my best to make shnazzy cakes too.
This time around I reused a Winnie the Pooh cake pan I bought for the twins 5 years ago. It was either that or try to make an Elmo head out of a simple round cake. If it were up to me entirely I was leaning toward the Elmo, but the twins really seamed to think that Pooh would be better. After it took me forever to get red icing for Pooh's shirt, i was glad the twins had talked me out of Elmo.
So here's my set up. At this point, it was about 10:50 . . . P.M. While putting on the countless dots of frosting can get just a little tedious, it's not the worst part. Don't mind it too much. The worst for me is the making the frosting. Then guessing how much of each color you're going to need, and praying you don't guess wrong. And then drop by drop trying to get the color to look just right. So by the time I took this picture I was already an hour into it.
About 2 hours later . . .
We invited some friends of ours over to share in the cake and ice cream! Between our kids, their kids, and 2 more friends who we were taking care of for the evening, we had quite the party! 8 kids in all. It made it so fun and exciting though. They were all excited and had a good time.
I couldn't decide which picture I liked better.
The aftermath:
(Poor Pooh.)
So I think she really liked her presents.
After the comotion settled down and friends went home, I found her back at the scene of the crime, getting a second taste of her birthday cake.
She brings a smile to my face. She loves life and reminds you to love it too.
Love her to pieces.
Happy Birthday Shortcake!
No comments:
Post a Comment