Wednesday, January 2, 2013

When I was 8 years old I received my first journal.  Through my teenage years I kept a journal faithfully.  I'm am assuming, that perhaps one day, these might be an interesting read for my children. 
But somehow, somewhere, amongst going to college, getting married, and having children . . . . . my once faithful routine gave way to . . . . . I'm not even really sure what happened.  Why something I used to be able to stick to no longer happened - ever. 
I have very few regrets in life.  This however is one of them.  I think back on the last 10 years, and all the amazing, wonderful, significant things that have happened.  I got married!  I had children!  All the thoughts, feelings, and lessons that have accompanied those things didn't get written down.  If my children, or any other posterity who cares, ever sets out to take a gander at my life, there is going to be a great big huge hole in the middle.  :(

That being said, nothing I can do about the days behind me.  But I have full control of the days in front of me.  As my two oldest children approach their 8th birthday I have decided to do my best to resurrect my old ways.  Before I give them their first journals, I want to be back in the habit myself. 
However, I am very excited to document my happenings in a way very different from the way I used to do it.  No more ink smudges on the side of my hand.  I'm excited for color photos and the speed at which I can type!

So here goes nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment